HMAC ALERT, 1:64 scale
(There are still stocks of the original Version 1 kit available with pear planking at an excellent price – this has limewood rather than pear laser cut parts.)
Dimensions of the model
- length 63.7cm
- height 51.7cm
- width 25.6cm
The model kit of the Alert is depicted after her refit with twelve six-pounder guns and a full compliment of twelve half-pounder swivel guns, giving an ordnance total of twenty four guns.
The model kit is designed to be as accurate as is possible for a commercial kit in both scale and detail. To this end, all hull and deck fittings are bespoke with no ‘off the shelf’ fittings used. Although the kit of Alert is as easy to build as we can make it, very basic woodworking skills (and patience) are still required.
The upgraded Version 2 kit is described here.
The Version 2 kit, which now has all laser cutting done in-house, features:
- Double planking in limewood and second planking in pearwood strip
- Laser cut materials in pearwood, MDF, 0.8mm ply sub decks and clear acetate for the cradle
- 3 separate photo etched sheets in brass
- Limewood dowel for masts and yards
- 7 separate rigging thread sizes in black and natural colours
- 12 black cast resin 6-Pounder cannon and 12 black cast resin half-pounder swivel cannon (version 1 has cast white metal)
- 56-page full colour A3 size building manual.
- Clear acetate display cradle for the completed model
- All other materials and fittings required to build the model as shown.
- Rudder keel altered so it can be added after, and not before first planking is complete
- 0.8mm birch plywood sub deck instead of 1mm basswood for Version 1
- Pear wood laser cut wood sheets instead of basswood (Now includes extra etching detail for cannon carriage sides and wheels)
- Much tighter tolerances for slots for keel and bulkhead fitting compared to Version 1
Please Note – We have developed a laser etched deck for the Alert, which is laser cut and laser etched in 1mm limewood. The etched deck includes the correct planking arrangement and all treenails are included. If you would like this deck instead of the standard planking, please let us know when ordering, and we will swap the planks for the ready cut and etched deck.