The 14 gun SPEEDY, 1:64 scale
(New production version.)
This is now the standard edition of the Speedy kit, which now comes with pearwood laser cut parts and pearwood planking. All laser cutting is now done in-house.
Dimensions of completed model are:
- Length – 700mm ( 27.5 “)
- Width – 230mm ( 9.0″)
- Height – 492mm ( 19.4″)
The 1:64th scale kit has been extensively researched and has been developed to show her as she would have likely looked in 1800/01, when commanded by Thomas Cochrane.
For the modellers who like to add detail over and above what kits offer, the Speedy kit does include the lower deck, which is stepped aft and at the correct height to the main deck. There are a lot more bulkheads than standard kits of this size to help keep the very fine hull lines when planking.
The kit has the following features:
- 14 sets of laser cut materials, including a laser cut and engraved deck
- 7 separate photo etched sheets in brass and copper
- Copper plates for hull below waterline
- Double planking in limewood and second planking in pear wood
- Walnut dowel for masts and yards
- 10 separate rigging thread sizes in black and natural
- 14 cast resin 4-Pounder cannon and 20 cast resin half-Pounder swivel cannon
- Cast resin 1:64 scale figure of Lord Cochrane himself
- 60-page full colour building manual and 10 sheets of 50x70cm plan sets
- Two cradles, one for when building and a clear acetate display cradle for the competed model
- Very detailed scale 18′ Cutter mini-kit
- All other materials and fittings required to build the model as shown.
- Machined pearwood blocks and deadeyes
- Fore and aft ladder set in laser cut pearwood, replacing the standard ladder fittings
- Laser-cut and engraved gratings set
- The book Cochrane the Dauntless: The Life and Adventures of Admiral Thomas Cochrane, 1775-1860 Paperback by David Cordingly, which contains a whole chapter relating to Cochrane and the Speedy.
|Download the manual|
Check out our VERY Limited Master Shipwright edition of this kit, with boxwood